Thursday, January 5, 2012

Thursday Morning Prayer



God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit, Thou ever blessed
Trinity! to Thee I resign myself with body and soul both now and forever,
and heartily thank Thee that Thou didst not permit the wicked one to harm
me during the past night, but didst, by the protection of Thy holy
angels, keep me safe to this day. What shall I render unto Thee,
wherewith shall I worthily praise Thee? I will give Thee a contrite and
broken heart, full of sins like scarlet, but sorrowing and penitent;
graciously accept of it, and wash it white as snow in the precious blood
of Thy dear Son, my Redeemer, bury it in His holy innocent wounds, and
thus do Thou graciously impart to me the forgiveness of all my sins. And
help me to hold myself in Christian readiness every day, inasmuch as I do
not know, when Thou wilt come, how and where Thou wilt call me hence, so
that I may by Thy blessing be conducted to eternal joy. Grant me this,
gracious Father, for the sake of Thy dear Son, Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments: