Monday, October 27, 2008

When In Isolation

Lord, listen to my prayer, turn your ear to my appeal. You are faithful, you are just; give answer.
Do not call your servant to judgment for no one is just in your sight.
The enemy pursues my soul; he has crushed my life to the ground; he has made me dwell in darkness like the dead, long forgotten. Therefore my spirit fails; my heart is numb within me.
I remember the days that are past; I ponder all your works. I muse on what your hand has wrought and to you I stretch out my hands. Like a parched land my soul thirsts for you.
Lord, make haste and answer: for my spirit fails within me. Do not hide your face lest I become like those in the grave.
In the morning let me know your love for I put my trust in you. Make me know the way I should walk; to you I lift up my soul.
Rescue me, Lord, from my enemies; I have fled to you for refuge. Teach me to do your will for you, O Lord, are my God. Let your good Spirit guide me in ways that are level and smooth.
For your name's sake, save my life; in your justice save my soul from distress.
In your love make an end of my foes; destroy all those who oppress me for I am your servant, O Lord.

No comments: