Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The Station of the Cross - Preparatory Prayer



PREPARATORY PRAYER

MOST merciful Jesus! With a contrite heart and penitent spirit I bow
down in profound humility before Thy divine majesty. I adore Thee as my
supreme Lord and master; I believe in Thee, I hope in Thee, I love Thee
above all things. I am heartily sorry for having offended Thee, my
supreme and only good. I resolve to amend my life; and though I am
unworthy to obtain mercy, yet the sight of Thy holy cross, on which Thou
didst die, inspires me with hope and consolation. I will therefore
meditate on Thy sufferings, and visit the stations of Thy passion in
company with Thy sorrowful Mother and my guardian angel, with the
intention of promoting Thy glory and saving my soul.

I desire to gain all the indulgences granted for this exercise, for
myself and for the suffering souls in purgatory. O merciful Redeemer,
who hast said; "And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all
things to myself," draw my heart and my love to Thee, that I may perform
this devotion as perfectly as possible, and that I may live and die in
union with Thee. Amen.

Before Every Station

We adore Thee, O Christ, and praise Thee: Because by Thy holy cross Thou
hast redeemed the world.

After Every Station

Lord Jesus, crucified: Have mercy on us.

No comments: