Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Prayer for Wednesday Evening



Most Holy Trinity, One in essence, Three in person, who art my life,
salvation, and eternal joy, I praise and thank Thee with mouth and heart
that Thou hast so graciously protected me throughout this day. I pray Thy
divine goodness to cover up all my shortcomings, and especially where
this day, with my tongue, with vain and unprofitable words, slander or
otherwise, I have sinned against Thee and Thy holy commandments.
According to Thy name, O God, so is Thy praise unto the ends of the
earth: Thy right hand is full of righteousness. Therefore I commend my
body and my soul into Thy hands. Thy divine Majesty bless me; Thy holy
Trinity shelter me; Thy eternal Unity preserve me. May Thy unbounded
mercy protect me; Thy inexpressible benevolence defend me, the sublime
truth of God cover me; profound knowledge of Christ strengthen me; the
unfathomable goodness of the Lord keep me. The grace of the Father govern
me; the wisdom of the Son refresh me; the power of the Holy Spirit
enlighten me. My Creator aid me, my Redeemer quicken me, my Comforter
abide with me. The Lord bless me and keep me. The Lord make His face
shine upon me and be gracious unto me. The Lord lift up His countenance
upon me and give me peace. The protection and blessing of the one and
eternal Godhead be between me and all mine enemies, visible and
invisible, today and always, that they may not approach nor injure me. As
the pillar of the cloud went between the army of the Egyptians and the
army of Israel, so that they could not come together, and no harm befall
the children of Israel, so mayest Thou be a pillar of fire and a wall of
separation between me and mine enemies, that no harm come over me. Keep
me also in my last hour. When mine eyes no longer see, mine ears no
longer hear, my tongue no longer speak, be Thou with me, O blessed
Trinity, that the Evil One have no power over me. Amen.

No comments: