Monday, January 30, 2012

Prayer for Monday Evening


O Thou Mighty and Everlasting God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, I

thank Thee that by Thy divine power Thou hast this day preserved me from
all injury and danger of body and life. I owe it to Thy mercy alone that
Thou didst protect me on all my paths. I pray Thee to forgive me all my
sins which I have committed against Thee, and this night and during our
entire lives mercifully to defend me and my loved ones against all sorrow
and anxiety, and against the craft and power of the devil, wherewith day
and night he seeks to ensnare us. Preserve us from the deadly pestilence
that walketh in the darkness, and deliver us from the snare of the enemy.
Protect us from the temptation and terror of Satan, from all evils of
body and soul. For Thou art our strong fortress, our sword and buckler.
All our hope and trust rests in Thee. Therefore, O faithful God, may
Thine eyes be upon us and we be safeguarded this night against all
violence and assault of the enemy. Be Thou our keeper and protector.
Encompass us with Thy shelter, for in Thee is our salvation. Unto Thee
only, from whom cometh my help, do I lift up mine eyes. My help cometh
from the Lord, who made heaven and earth. Behold, as the eyes of servants
look unto the hands of their masters, and as the eyes of a maiden unto
the hand of her mistress; so our eyes wait upon the Lord our God, until
that He have mercy upon us. Have mercy upon us, O Lord, have mercy, for
we are poor and needy. Lift upon me the light of Thy countenance lest I
sleep the sleep of death. Amen.

No comments: