Tuesday, November 22, 2011

An Act of Contrition

O MY God! I am deeply sorry for all my sins, for those I committed
to-day, and for those of my whole life, because thereby I offended Thy
supreme and most loving goodness. Pardon me for the sake of Jesus, Thy
Son, who shed His most precious blood on the cross for our sins. With
the help of Thy grace, I firmly resolve to amend my life, and rather to
die than again offend Thee by a mortal sin.

PETITION

PROTECT me and mine and all men during this night, and through the
intercession of the blessed Virgin Mary and of the Holy Helpers preserve
us from all dangers of body and soul. Keep away from us sickness, fire,
and calamities of every kind. Protect us against the assaults of the
wicked and of Satan. Into Thy hands I commend my body and soul; let me
rest in Thy most holy wounds.

Visit, we beseech Thee, O Lord, this habitation, and repel from it all
the snares of the enemy; let Thy holy angels dwell herein to preserve us
in peace, and may Thy blessings be upon us for ever. Through Christ our
Lord. Amen.

No comments: