Friday, November 12, 2010

A Parent's Prayer For Their Children

O Father of mankind,
who hast given unto me these my children,
and committed them to my charge to bring them up for Thee,
and to prepare them for everlasting life:
assist me with Thy heavenly grace,
that I may be able to fulfil this most sacred duty and stewardship.
Teach me both what to give and what to withhold;
when to reprove and when to forbear;
make me gentle, yet firm;
considerate and watchful;
and deliver me equally from the weakness of indulgence,
and the excess of severity;
and grant that, both by word and example,
I may be careful to lead them in the ways of wisdom and true pity,
so that at last I may, with them,
be admitted to the unspeakable joys of our true home in heaven,
in the company of the blessed Angels and Saints.

Amen.

No comments: