Saturday, May 1, 2010

Prayer Before A Crucifix

BEHOLD, O good and sweetest Jesus,
I cast myself upon my knees in Thy sight,
and with the most fervent desire of my soul
I pray and beseech Thee
to impress upon my heart
lively sentiments of faith,
hope and charity,
with true repentance for my sins
and a most firm desire of amendment:
whilst with deep affection and grief of soul
I consider within myself
and mentally contemplate Thy five most precious Wounds,
having before mine eyes that which David, the prophet,
long ago spoke in Thine Own person concerning Thee,
my Jesus: They have pierced My hands and My feet,
they have numbered all My bones [Psalm 21, 17, 18]

Next, say the

"Our Father..."

"Hail Mary..."

"Glory Be..."

for the Catholic Church
and the intentions of the Holy Father.

(A plenary indulgence, under the usual conditions, may be gained by those who shall say this prayer with devotion before an image of our crucified Redeemer. A partial indulgence may also be gained for each devout recitation.)

No comments: