Thursday, January 14, 2010

Prayer After Examination of Conscience

O My God, I cry unto Thee with the prodigal: Father, I have sinned against heaven and before Thee; I am no longer worthy to be called Thy Son.

I have gone astray like a sheep that is lost. O seek Thy servant, for I have not forgotten Thy commandments.

Enter not into judgment with Thy servant, O Lord, O spare me for Thy mercy's sake.

Prove me, O God, and know my heart; examine me, and know my paths.

Thou whose property is always to have mercy and to spare, O meet me in pity, embrace me in love, and forgive me all my sins.

I confess my sins unto Thee, O Christ, Healer of our souls, O Lord of Life. Heal me, heal me of my spiritual sickness, Thou who art long-suffering and of tender mercy; heal me, O Lord Christ.

Accept my supplications O Thou Holy Spirit, unto whom every heart is open, every desire known, and from whom no secret is hid, and who givest life to our souls; hear and answer, O Spirit of God.

O Heavenly Father, who willest not that any sinner should perish, give me true repentance for this my sin, that I perish not!

To what misery am I come by my own fault! O merciful God, pity and forgive me for Jesus' sake.

Thine eyes, O God, are a flame of fire searching my inmost heart. O pardon my sin, for it is great!

Thou, God, seest me in all the foulness of my sins! Blessed Jesus, speak for me, plead for me, come between my soul and my offended God, that I perish not. Amen.

No comments: