Thursday, November 5, 2009

Prayer to St. Genesius

Dear Genesius, according to a very ancient story when you were still a pagan you once ridiculed Christ while acting on the stage. But, like Saul on the road to Damascus, your were floored by Christ's powerful grace. You rose bearing witness to Jesus and died a great martyr's death. Intercede for your fellow actors before God, that they may faithfully and honestly perform their roles and so help others to understand their role in life thus enabling them to attain their end in heaven. Dear Angel, in his goodness God gave you to me to guide, protect, and enlighten me, and to bring me back to the right way when I go astray. Encourage me when I am disheartened, and instruct me when I err in my judgment. Help me to become more Christ-like, and so some day to be accepted into the company of Angels and Saints in heaven. Amen.

No comments: