Friday, November 13, 2009

Prayer To My Patron Saint

Great Saint (mention name here), who at my Baptism was chosen as my guardian and under whose name I became an adopted child of God and solemnly renounced Satan, his works and allurements, assist me by your powerful intercession in the fulfillment of these sacred promises. You also made them in the days of your earthly pilgrimage, and your fidelity in keeping them to the end has obtained for you an everlasting reward in heaven.

I am called to the same happiness that you enjoy. The same help is offered to me that enabled you to acquire eternal glory. You overcame temptations like those I experience.

Pray for me, therefore, my holy patron, so that, being inspired by your example and assisted by your prayers, I may live a holy life, die a happy death and reach eternal life to praise and thank God in heaven with you. Amen.

No comments: