Monday, September 14, 2009

A Morning Prayer

In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen. Blessed be the holy and undivided Trinity. Now and forever. Amen.

O almighty and eternal God, in union with all Your elect in heaven and on earth I adore You. I praise and thank You for the gifts of nature and grace which I have received from your infinite goodness. I thank You principally for having created me to Your image and likeness and preserved me to this day; for having given Your only begotten son to suffer for me on the cross and to wash away my sins in his most precious blood. I thank You for having called me to the faith of the holy, catholic and apostolic church; for having so often pardoned my sins; for having watched over me this past night and preserved me from sudden death; and from all other evils which might have befallen me, had I not been protected by You merciful and watchful providence.

O Lord, in return for all your mercies I wish I could give you a sufficient offering of gratitude and love. But You know that of myself I am nothing, have nothing and can do nothing worthy of you. Yet, remembering that I come to Your majesty through Christ my Savior. I humbly offer you in union with Him and through His sacred heart whatever I possess: my body, my senses and all the powers of my soul. I promise, by Your divine grace, not to think, say or do anything unworthy of one called to be a member of Your family.

Help me, O Lord, to curb my evil inclinations and so guide and sustain me in all things that every thought, word and action of mine may be used for Your greater glory, the sanctification of my soul and for the good those around me. Amen.

No comments: