Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The Saint Christopher Prayer

THE CHRISTOPHER PRAYER

Father, grant that I may be a bearer of Christ Jesus, Your Son.
Allow me to warm the often cold,
impersonal scene of modern life with Your burning love.
Strengthen me by Your Holy Spirit
to carry out my mission of changing the world
or some definite part of it for the better.
Despite my lamentable failures,
bring home to me that my advantages
are Your blessings to be shared with others.
Make me more energetic in setting right
what I find wrong with the world instead of complaining about it.
Nourish in me a practical desire to build up
rather than tear down,
to reconcile instead of polarize,
to go out on a limb rather than crave security.
Never let me forget that it is far better to light one candle
than to curse the darkness,
and to join my light, one day, with Yours.

Amen.

No comments: