Sunday, February 1, 2009

Prayer to Grow With the Church Year

New Saint Joseph People's Prayer Book

Lord Jesus
I know that all human relations take time
if they are to grow and deepen.
This is also true of my relations
with You, the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit,
which must grow over the course of my life.
However, this growth is not automatic;
time alone means nothing
unless I add earnest efforts to it.

You have inspired Your Church to set aside special times
when this growth can develop more intensely -
the special seasons of the Church Year.
If I fail to move toward You during these times,
I waste precious opportunities
and endanger my spiritual life.
Help me to take them seriously
and make a real attempt to use them well,
so that I may grow into the person
You want me to be.

No comments: