Monday, May 26, 2008

Act of Desire

My soul, the happy hour is arrived; Jesus comes to dwell in my poor heart.

Behold the King of heaven, thy Redeemer and thy God, coming to thee; prepare thyself to receive Him with love; say to Him with the most ardent desire:

Come, O my Jesus, come to me:

I desire to receive Thee, before Thou dost give Thyself to me, I desire to give Thee my miserable heart; accept it, come and take full possession of it.

Come, my God, make haste; do not delay.

I would wish to receive Thee with that love with which the most holy and loving souls, with which Immaculate Mary received Thee.

With their Communion I unite this Communion of mine.

Most holy Virgin, my Mother, Mary, behold I am going to receive Thy Son.

I would wish to have thy heart, and the love with which thou didst communicate:

give me this morning thy Jesus, as thou gavest Him to the shepherds and to the Magi.

I wish to receive Him from thy most pure hands; tell Him that I am thy servant, and that I am devoted to thee; and when He comes to me, He will look on me with a more loving eye, and will unite Himself more closely to me.

Amen.

No comments: