Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Feast of the Maternity - October 11

Mother of Christ

MARY, you are the Mother of Christ, our Prophet. The Jews themselves acknowledged Him as such: "This is indeed the Prophet who is to come into the world" (John 6,14). He appeared as the Teacher of truth to enlighten those who were sitting in the darkness and the shadow of death. He imparted the most necessary instruction concerning God and their duties to Him, to themselves, and to their fellowmen. Through the Catholic Church He still shows mankind the way and gives them the means by which they can arrive at true holiness and salvation. Mother of Christ, help me to realize that the privilege of being a Catholic is the greatest grace God could have given me. Hell) me to show my appreciation by living up to the teaching of the true Church so that I may save my soul.

MARY, you are the Mother of Christ, our King. He Himself said to Pilate: "Thou sayest it, I am a king" (John 18,37). But His kingdom is not of this world; it is a spiritual one which extends to all men through faith and grace. His Church in which He rules will exist to the end of time, and the gates of hell shall never prevail against her, because she is the pillar and the ground of truth. The Church Militant on earth will be transformed into the Church Triumphant in heaven, and Christ, Your Son, will reign forever.

Mother of Christ, teach me to be subject to Christ, my King. As a citizen of His spiritual -kingdom, let me never set my heart upon the world and its deceitful pleasures and goods, but help me to seek with all my heart the "kingdom of God and His justice" in my soul, that at my death I may be admitted into His heavenly kingdom.

MARY, you are the Mother of Christ our High Priest. He has offered Himself as a sacrifice to His heavenly Father upon the altar of the cross. In order to apply the fruits of His bloody sacrifice to the people of all times, He offers Himself daily in the Mass in an unbloody manner by the hands of priests. His Sacrifice and priesthood are infinitely exalted above the sacrifices and priesthood of the Old Law and will last till the end of time. As the Mother of the Eternal High Priest you are full of mercy towards sinners and ever intent upon making them partake of the fruit of the sacrificial blood of your priestly Son for the salvation of their souls.

Mother of Christ, I appeal to your mercy, and I beg you to plead my cause with your divine Son. Let me share in the fruits of His sacrifice of the cross through the Mass. May His mercy reach all poor sinners. Through the merits of Jesus and through your intercession may we all be truly penitent and save our souls.

PRAYER

O God, by the fruitful virginity of the Blessed Virgin Mary, You gave to mankind the rewards of eternal salvation, grant, we beg of You, that we may feel her intercession for us, by whom we received the Author of Life, our Lord Jesus Christ, Your Son. Who with You and the Holy Spirit, lives and reigns forever. Amen. (Feast of the Maternity, Oct. 11)


No comments: