Sunday, September 16, 2007

Let Creation Praise The Lord by Saint Francis of Assisi

Be praised, my Lord, with all Your creatures,
Especially Brother Sun,
By whom You bring us the day and who brings us the light;
Fair is he and shines with a very great splendor.

Be praised, my Lord, for Sister Moon and the stars,
which you have set clear and lovely in heaven.

Be praised, my Lord, for Brother Wind,
and for air and cloud, calms and all weather.

Be praised, my Lord, for Sister Water,
who is very useful and humble and precious and clean.

Be praised my Lord for Brother Fire, through whom You give us light in
darkness, and he is bright and pleasant and very mighty and strong.

Be praised, my Lord, for our Sister Mother Earth, who sustains us and
keep us, and brings forth fruits and flowers of many colors and leaves.

Praise and bless my Lord, and thank Him,
And serve Him with great humility.

No comments: