Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Anima Christi: Prayer When We Receive The Holy Communion

Soul of Christ, sanctify me
Body of Christ, save me
Blood of Christ, fill me
Water from Christ's side,
wash me
Passion of Christ, strengthen me
O good Jesus, hear me
Within Thy wounds hide me
Permit me not to be separated from Thee
From the malicious enemy
defend me
In the hour of my death call me
And bid me come unto Thee
That I may praise Thee with Thy saints and with Thy angels
Forever and ever
Amen






I still remember when my daughter received her first communion. The occasion was solemn and very beautiful. Everyone was excited especially those little ones that would receive the body of Christ for the first time. The first communion dress of my daughter was simple and beautiful. We specially prepared for it for the special day.